Running Repairs and First Chicks of the Year

When doing our box inspections in May, we’d found that two boxes had fallen from the trees and required rehanging.

Unfortunately, one was a breeding box and the birds had moved on.On the way, we stopped off to check a box that had 5 eggs last time we looked and we found 3 chickswhich I ringed there and then.

They were too small to tell what sex they were and I will have another look intwo weeks so I can sex them.On to the box repairs and we cleaned out the first box and rehung on the same tree with some strongerbrackets.The next box needed moving to another tree as it had been overgrown; we identified another tree withimproved access and put the box on that.

This entry was posted in Barn Owl Field Work. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply